Sunday, June 7, 2009

Clemenceau Market, Brussels
Saturday, June 6, 2009
10:45 am


This morning I met the Jentzschs and Garrett at Clemenceau to check out the market they have there every weekend. We were supposed to meet at 10:30, but I (who live the closest out of all of us), was 15 minutes minutes late, reminding me not to be a hoser and always push things to the last minute.

The market wasn't really what I expected at first, but then, I'm not sure what I did expect. The first part was all clothes, and mostly womens' clothes at that. The further we got in, though, the more I saw that I figured would be here--fruit stands, a huge butcher section, cheap electronics and household gadgets, etc. The market was actually huge. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular (especially on my budget), and with only six weeks to go, I had already figured I could forego fruit and vegetables (you can't catch scurvy in that short a time, right?), but the prices for produce were actually really cheap.


You can't really tell, but the logo on that tavern in the background looked pretty much like the Chicago Bulls' logo. The statute just added a nice touch.

Garrett and Greg





(I know I'm not normally so omnipresent in my photos. Consider it a change of pace.)

No comments:

Post a Comment