Sunday, June 21, 2009

Walloonia, Belgium
Saturday, June 20, 2009

I wanted to post some quick pictures from kayaking yesterday. We went 25 km on the Lesse River. There was actually a really cool castle set against a cliff right on the river, but I will have to wait to get the photos my friends took to be able to post a picture. For now, here is the limited number I took on my own camera:

We had to switch trains at this town to get to our destination. It's just five minutes away from the village where the kayaking ends.

This is a close-up of the castle in the background of the first photo.

Leilani, Lauren, and Garrett

Andrew, Mindaugas, and Jamie

We saw this while we were waiting in line to get our kayaks, and we all thought it was pretty funny. We'd heard people got really drunk on the way down the river, but this was out of control!

This is the spot at the end of the river where you get out.

It's in this quaint little village.

I swear this kid was up to no good. :) The water was bubbling like this at the dropoff point, but we couldn't tell if he just dropped dry ice into the water or if it was a firework or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment