skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Brussels Park, BrusselsSaturday, May 23, 2009Today we wanted to go see the palace since we hadn't come across it in our meanderings of the day previous. Taking the metro to Parc (which is indeed the location of Brussels Park), we struck off.While this building looked cool, we didn't know at the time that it was the "Palace of the Nation," the home of the Belgian federal parliament.
The center of the park has a circular reflecting pool.
Just across the park, directly facing the Palace of the Nation, is the Royal Palace of Brussels. Although the King and Queen of Belgium don't apparently live there, according to Wikipedia, the two facing buildings are said to symbolize Belgium's system of constitutional monarchy.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(27)
-
▼
May
(13)
- Uccle, Brussels4:12 pmOk, one more hodge-podge ent...
- Brussels Park, BrusselsSaturday, May 23, 2009Today...
- Brussels, BelgiumFriday, May 22, 2009Garrett and I...
- Bruges, BelgiumThursday, May 21, 2009Located in th...
- Uccle, Brussels11:45 amSo I know that I have neede...
- Uccle, Brussels12:30 pm A few more pictures from m...
- Anneessens (my flat), Brussels7:36 amI took a lot ...
- Bourse, Brussels8:30 pmI have been spending a lot ...
- Porte de Hal, Brussels 3:15 pm I didn't know where...
- Brussels, Belgium7:50 pm, SaturdayI arrived at the...
- St. Pancras Station, London2:12 pmDespite seeing o...
- New York City, NY6:00 pmI had to take advantage of...
- Two weeks ago, a call went out from William & Mary...
No comments:
Post a Comment