Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uccle, Brussels
12:30 pm
A few more pictures from my little jaunt through Brussels Sunday night:

South side of the Bourse


This shot makes me dizzy, but I was trying so hard to get a larger scale picture of the Stadhuis the night I was there!

A depiction of the Savior, located right next to the Stadhuis.


I don't even have anything to say about this one. Although I had randomly seen a picture of it before coming to Brussels, I only happened to see a crowd of people gathered on a street corner and walked over to see what they were looking at. Sure enough, I had run into one of the top three tourist destinations in Brussels. (No kidding.) Why some crudely-named (in both senses of the word) little statue is so famous is absolutely beyond me. I have seen plenty of other cherubic little figures on fountains, and this one is nothing special. Further, its name is really seriously wanting. It's not obscene, but it's also not something I would want my little boy running around saying either.


I don't really know why I took a picture of this. There's some statue in the middle of the square, and then some trees behind it. I guess if nothing else, it's a pretty accurate picture of an average street in Brussels...

The statue more up close...

No comments:

Post a Comment