Friday, May 15, 2009

New York City, NY
6:00 pm

I had to take advantage of this chance to add an entry from JFK since I have never actually been to New York City before today. (Or ever, if the airport doesn't count.) To be honest, I don't think I became really desperate to go until after I returned from London, and I wanted to see if we had anything to compare. :) However, since moving to Virginia, I have considered it one of the great tragedies of the past two years that we haven't yet made the six-hour trip to the Big Apple.


That said, here I sit.

Since I decided when I created this blog to separate my random ramblings from my actual travel experience, my musings on flying in general got pushed
here. (I'm not sure if a whole lot will remain for these posts if my entire nous is lodged in another blog, but I will endeavor to do my best.) As far as everything else goes, I will be here at JFK until 8:30 pm, when I take a Delta flight to Heathrow (London). The last time I was in that airport, I was ending my mission. I will have lunch with a fantastic friend (Jan), then head to St. Pancras station in London to proceed via train to Brussels. For those of you unfamiliar with the geography, the Eurostar runs runs underwater through the chunnel beneath the English Channel, so it only takes two hours to get from the UK to Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment